Functional Family Therapy
Crown Counseling is an exclusive provider of FFT in Northern Indiana.
What is Functional Family Therapy (FFT)?
FFT is an evidence based model of family intervention for at-risk youth, ages 10 to 18, and their families. FFT demonstrates positive outcomes for improving family relations and communications, and builds on youth and family strengths as the motivation for change. Developed in 1972 and backed by more than 4 decades of research, our model is proven effective in treating problems ranging from acting out/conduct disorder to defiant disorder and alcohol and/or substance abuse.
Move toward a richer, more rewarding life.
Adolescent behavioral challenges are complex, multidimensional, and embedded in family and community systems. These issues are addressed by:
- Developing family members' inner strengths and sense of self-efficacy.
- Assisting the family in understanding their strengths and challenges in a manner that is supportive and empowering.
- Creating a platform for change and enhanced future functioning.
- Short-term: 12 to 16 sessions, over 3 to 4 months.
- Phase program that is flexible, culturally sensitive, strength focused, and family centered.
Who is eligible?
- Youth between the ages of 11 and 18, with an identified family (FFT provides treatment to the entire family system, including siblings when appropriate).
- Youth that are in the home or that are in the process of transitioning home.
- Youth may be referred through child welfare organizations, juvenile justice fields, mental health agencies, and schools.
Data from numerous studies of FFT outcomes suggests that FFT reduces recidivism and/or the onset of offending between 25-60% more effectively than other programs. Other studies indicate that FFT reduces treatment cost to levels well below those of traditional services and other interventions (Alexander et al., 2000).
North Office (Main)
1308 North Main Street
Crown Point, IN 46307
Merrillville Office (Temporary)
9111 Broadway Ave, Suite K
Merrillville, IN 46410
Phone: (219) 663-6353
Fax: (219) 663-6155